Welcome back to the Fight Business Podcast, Patrick Auger’s show dedicated to the business-side of mixed martial arts.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
- 0:00 – Intro
- 01:51 – UFC signs exclusive Chinese media distribution deal
- 08:59 – ONE Championship mulling US SPAC deal
- 19:38 – How Myanmar coup could affect ONE Championship
- 29:46 – UFC reveals info regarding discretionary bonuses
- 40:55 – Invicta FC parts ways with UFC Fight Pass
The first topic of discussion in this episode is the UFC’s historic media distribution deal in China. The promotion has landed a deal with Migu Video, which will now become the home of the upcoming Asia edition Dana White’s Contender Series. The China Mobile subsidiary will also air UFC PPV events and Fight Night events in China.
Auger explains what this means for the UFC and how the promotion worked toward this remarkable deal behind the success of Chinese champion Weili Zhang.
Next, Auger focuses on how ONE Championship is considering a US SPAC deal. ONE Championship has chosen Credit Suisse Group and Goldman Sachs Group to manage the potential listing. Auger explains everything you need to know about this development.
On the topic of ONE Championship, Auger then discusses how the 2021 Myanmar coup could impact the promotion. ONE Championship has an incredible following in Myanmar and Auger explains what’s at stake for the promotion here considering stars such as Aung La N Sang have spoken out against the ‘unlawful’ coup.
Lastly, Auger touches on the news regarding UFC discretionary bonuses and also how Invicta FC has parted ways with UFC Fight Pass.
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.