Welcome back to the Fight Business Podcast, Patrick Auger’s show dedicated to the business-side of mixed martial arts.
In this episode, Auger discusses the events that unfolded at UFC 257 last weekend. What does another Conor McGregor defeat mean for the UFC? How does it impact Dustin Poirier? And what’s the best fight to make for the business right now? Auger also looks at the estimated 257 PPV buys that were reported by Sports Business Journal.
In other news, Ben Askren is fighting Jake Paul in an eight-round boxing match. Auger explains why the UFC is letting Askren fight Paul.
And lastly, Auger touches on recent comments by Jimmy Smith that indicated “freak show” fights over at Bellator and other promotions haven’t had the desired results.
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:47 – What Poirier def. McGregor means for the UFC
- 26:29 – Poirier vs. McGregor trilogy is the fight to make
- 37:16 – Estimated UFC 257 PPV buys
- 43:00 – Why is UFC letting Ben Askren fight Jake Paul?
- 49:36 – Assessing freak show fights
- 56:09 – Outro
If you enjoyed this Fight Business Podcast episode, make sure to hit the like and subscribe buttons and stick around for more content like this.