A UFC pay-per-view event is set to take place this Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, with an interim UFC Heavyweight Championship bout locked in as the main event.
Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane is the matchup of choice and is the only title fight scheduled for UFC 265 after Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena was removed after a positive COVID-19 test led to Nunes needing to withdraw.
The Lewis vs. Gane interim title fight is an unexpected one considering that champion Francis Ngannou had just won the title in March. But the promotion is moving forward with the title fight that makes perfect sense from a location perspective as Lewis is a fan-favorite in Texas.
Four other exciting bouts are also set to feature on the UFC 265 main card with former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo competing in the co-main event against Pedro Munhoz. A welterweight clash between Michael Chiesa vs. Vicente Luque, a women’s strawweight contest between Tecia Torres and Angela Hill, and a bantamweight fight featuring Song Yadong and Casey Kenney make up the rest of the UFC 265 main card.
The UFC 265 pay-per-view event will stream live exclusively on
UFC 265 fight card
Saturday, August 7 – Houston, Texas
Main Card – 10:00 pm on ESPN+ PPV
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane
- Jose Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Michael Chiesa vs. Vicente Luque
- Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill
- Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney
Prelims – 8:00 pm on
- Bobby Green vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez
- Ed Herman vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne
Early Prelims – 6:00 pm on
- Manel Kape vs. Ode Osbourne
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos
- Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto
- Johnny Munoz Jr. vs. Jamey Simmons
Jake Nichols is The Body Lock's Editor in Chief. Previously, he was the MMA Editor at RealSport.