Bellator Dublin took yet another hit on Friday.
Just days after it was announced that Cal Ellenor had to pull out of his main event fight with James Gallagher, fellow main card fighter Brandon Girtz was forced out of his fight with Jon Tuck due to injury.
Girtz announced the news via social media.
“Unfortunately today instead of traveling to Ireland to fight, I’m starting a new journey to recover from an injury sustained a couple days ago,” Girtz wrote on Instagram. “I was hoping for good news but not this time.”
Girtz was originally scheduled to face Irish lightweight Paul Redmond, but Redmond sustained a leg injury and pulled out of the fight earlier this month. The UFC veteran Tuck then stepped up to take Redmond’s place for his first fight since being released by the UFC after losing to Drew Dober in August of 2018.
Now it is Girtz who can no longer compete on the card.
Girtz was set to make his return after a fight of the year contender against Saad Awad in March. He won the fight by unanimous decision, bouncing back from a loss to former champion Michael Chandler.
Girtz has competed with Bellator since 2012. He is 8-6 in 14 fights for the promotion and 16-8 overall as a professional.
The status of Tuck’s position on the card is not yet known.
The change is the sixth to occur since the event was announced, according to Tapology’s records.
Bellator Dublin Fight Card
- James Gallagher vs. Roman Salazar
- Michael Page vs. Richard Kiely
- Ryan Scope vs. Peter Queally
- Leah McCourt vs. Kerry Hughes
- Benson Henderson vs. Myles Jury
- Kiefer Crosbie vs. Lawrence Fitzpatrick
- Jon Tuck vs. TBD
- Dominique Wooding vs. Frans Mlambo
- Constantin Gnusariov vs. Ian Coughlan
- Philip Mulpeter vs. Keith McCabe
- Richie Smullen vs. Sean Tobin
- Dylan Logan vs. Adam Gustab
- Lee Chadwick vs. Karl Moore
- Camila Rivarola vs. Danni Neilan
- Nobert Novenyi Jr. vs. Will Fleury
- Blaine O’Driscoll vs. Jake Hadley
- George Courtney vs. Ciaran Clarke
- Ilias Bulaid vs. Vitalic Maiboroda
- Ryan Roddy vs. Patrik Pietila