UFC’s first pay-per-view of 2019 has taken a major hit.
Robert Whittaker has been withdrawn from his first-ever title defense on home soil after experiencing a hernia in his abdomen late last night. Brett Okamoto of
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
Whittaker’s opponent, Kelvin Gastelum will not be fighting on the card. His manager, Ali Abdelaziz, spoke with
Since the news got out, we’ve since received further details surrounding the hernia issues that Whittaker is currently experiencing. A report by Helwani explains that “he started getting abdominal cramps and bloating late last night. Then vomiting started at about 10pm. He was taken to hospital at about 2am and has had a series of tests and scans and is now in surgery.”
Aaron Bronsteter has confirmed that the main event bout between Silva and Adesanya is a three-round fight. There will be no title on the line.
Lando Vannata vs. Marcos Rosa has been upgraded to the co-main event.
Here’s how the card stands:
UFC 234 Main Card
- Anderson Silva vs. Israel Adesanya
- Lando Vannata vs. Marcos Rosa
- Rani Yahya vs. Ricky Simon
- Nadia Kassem vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Jim Crute vs. Sam Alvey
UFC 234 Prelims
- Dong Hyun Ma vs. Devonte Smith
- Austin Arnett vs. Shane Young
- Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva
- Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang
- Jalin Turner vs. Callan Potter
- Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.