TLDR
- Sean Strickland left Brand Risk 14 early on Saturday night after working as a commentator
- The UFC champion called the experience ‘the most shameful thing’ he’s ever been part of
- Strickland said he felt ‘sick to my stomach’ and ‘like less of a man’ after attending
- The event featured Johnny Manziel vs. Bob Menery and matches involving Ray J and former NBA players
- Strickland recently won the UFC middleweight title by defeating Khamzat Chimaev at UFC 328
Sources: yardbarker.com
UFC middleweight champion Sean Strickland left Brand Risk 14 early on Saturday night and later said he felt ashamed for attending the event. The 35-year-old fighter was working as a commentator at Adin Ross’ combat sports event in Las Vegas.
Strickland appeared on the broadcast booth alongside 6ix9ine, Adin Ross, Arman Tsarukyan, and Nina Drama. The event took place at the Meta Apex and featured a card that included former NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel fighting Bob Menery in the main event.
The card also included matches involving Ray J, former NBA players, and one of the Island Boys fighting a dwarf. Strickland provided commentary on a wrestling match between Khamzat Chimaev and Dillon Danis during the evening.
Sean Strickland had to walk out of Adin Ross’ MMA event 😂
“I’ve never been part of anything so shameful in my life. I hate myself. I feel like less of a man after being here. I’m sick to my f*cking stomach.” https://t.co/xkMasY0IXd pic.twitter.com/4yQ5xHKf5I
— Happy Punch (@HappyPunch) May 24, 2026
Strickland’s Strong Reaction After Leaving
After walking out before the event ended, Strickland posted a video on Instagram explaining his decision. He expressed deep regret about participating in the event.
“I’ve never been a part of anything so shameful in my life,” Strickland said in the video. “I hate myself, and I feel like less of a man after being here.”
The UFC champion questioned his decision to accept the commentary role. “Oh God, why did I agree to this?” he said.
Strickland continued to express his discomfort with the entire experience. “I’m sick to my f—ing stomach. That was f—ed up. This is the most f—ed up thing I’ve ever witnessed in my entire f—ing life.”
The fighter said he would have trouble facing himself after the event. “I have to go home and look myself in the mirror after that. I’ve never done anything so shameful in my life, being a part of this.”
Strickland apologized to his fans for his participation. “Sorry, guys. I tried to be a friend, and next thing you know, my dignity is gone,” he said.
Recent UFC Success
Strickland’s appearance at Brand Risk 14 came shortly after his biggest career victory. He defeated Khamzat Chimaev at UFC 328 earlier this month to win the middleweight title for the second time.
Chimaev entered the fight with a perfect 15-0 record. Strickland won by decision after five rounds, handing Chimaev his first professional loss.
Chimaev has requested a rematch to take place in Abu Dhabi in October. It remains unclear whether Strickland would agree to travel to the Middle East for his first title defense.
UFC CEO Dana White has not announced plans for Strickland’s next fight. The champion now holds the 185-pound title for the second time in his career.





>