UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones continues to be a huge betting favorite over Dominick Reyes.
Jones faces Reyes in the main event of UFC 247 on February 8 in Houston, Texas. Although Reyes is undefeated and coming off a huge first-round TKO victory over Chris Weidman, he still opened as a big underdog against arguably the greatest fighter of all time in Jones.
When the fight was first announced, Jones was a -400 favorite while Reyes was +300 underdog.
And with UFC 247 a week away, confidence in “Bones” appears to remain high. At the time of writing, oddsmakers have him ranging from a -407 to -505 favorite. Reyes, meanwhile, ranges from a +320 to a +375 underdog.
That means you would need to bet $407 to win $100 on Jones while a $100 stake on Reyes would return $320.
However, that’s a positive thing if you’re banking on “The Devastator” to cause a huge upset and inflict defeat on Jones. But oddsmakers clearly don’t see that happening as of now.
You can find the opening odds for the pair’s last five outings below:
Jon Jones last five fights
- vs. Thiago Santos (W): -850
- vs. Anthony Smith (W): -500
- vs. Alexander Gustafsson (W): -200
- vs. Daniel Cormier (NC): -185
- vs. Ovince Saint Preux (W): -675
Dominick Reyes last five fights
- vs. Chris Weidman (W): -185
- vs. Volkan Oezdemir (W): -215
- vs. Ovince Saint Preux (W): -165
- vs. Jared Cannonier (W): -210
- vs. Jeremy Kimball (W): -405
Combat sports fan who loves a good body shot.