It’s finally happening. Jon Jones will defend his light heavyweight title against Dominick Reyes next.
That title bout is scheduled to take place at UFC 247 on February 8 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa is this Saturday!
- Main event: Adesanya vs. Costa 🏆
- Co-main event: Reyes vs. Blachowicz 🏆
Jones remains virtually unbeaten in mixed martial arts. However, his last two performances have been underwhelming to say the least. He struggled to finish a below-par Anthony Smith while he was also taken to a split decision victory by a compromised Thiago Santos at UFC 239 in the summer.
Still, he remains the champion and will be looking to get past another contender in the undefeated Reyes. “The Devastator” is 12-0 and coming off his most impressive victory in a first-round knockout of former middleweight champion Chris Weidman. He has long claimed he will be the one to inflict defeat on Jones.
However, oddsmakers don’t see that happening. You can find the opening odds below:
- Jon Jones: -400
- Dominick Reyes: +300
That means you would need to bet $400 to win $100 on Jones while a $100 stake on Reyes would return $300.
Though Reyes is still a big underdog, those odds are closer than it was for Smith or Santos earlier this year.
You can find the opening odds for the pair’s last five outings below:
Jon Jones last five fights
- vs. Thiago Santos (W): -850
- vs. Anthony Smith (W): -500
- vs. Alexander Gustafsson (W): -200
- vs. Daniel Cormier (NC): -185
- vs. Ovince Saint Preux (W): -675
Dominick Reyes last five fights
- vs. Chris Weidman (W): -185
- vs. Volkan Oezdemir (W): -215
- vs. Ovince Saint Preux (W): -165
- vs. Jared Cannonier (W): -210
- vs. Jeremy Kimball (W): -405