UPDATE: Free live stream above
ONE Championship’s upcoming event in Tokyo, Japan, is undoubtedly the greatest that the Asian-based promotion has ever put together. Titled ONE: A New Era, the fight card is packed with some of the best martial arts talent on ONE Championship’s roster.
Here you’ll find how to watch the event, start times, full fight card, and a detailed preview.
ONE: A New Era
Ryogoku Kokugikan – Tokyo, Japan
Sunday, March 31 – 3:30 pm (Tokyo)
- Prelims begin at 3:30 pm local time
- Main card begins at 5:30 pm local time
- 11:30 pm (Pacific Time, Saturday)
- 2:30 am (Eastern Time, Sunday)
- 6:30 am (Greenwich Mean Time, Sunday)
- 5:30 pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time, Sunday)
How to watch
- U.S. – Watch live via B/R Live app and the ONE Super App
- Japan – AbemaTV
- Rest of the World – Watch live for free on YouTube or ONE Super App
ONE Championship: A New Era Preview
In the main event, lightweight champion Eduard Folayang will defend his title from Shinya Aoki. Folayang only recently reclaimed the lightweight title by defeating Amir Khan in November via unanimous decision.
In the co-main event, ONE atomweight champion Angela Lee will challenge Xiong Jing Nan for her strawweight title. If successful, Lee will become a two-division champion and strengthen her recognition as the best female mixed martial artist on the roster. Xiong captured the title in January last year and has since defended her title twice, although she has been relatively unimpressive in her last two bouts.
Before then, Aung La N Sang and Ken Hasegawa will stand toe-to-toe for the second time. The first time around, N Sang defeated Hasegawa via fifth-round TKO in a bout that is remembered as one of the greatest in ONE Championship history. N Sang’s middleweight title will be on the line yet again. “The Burmese Python” explained to The Body Lock that he currently feels in his prime and plans on defending his title for “quite a while.”
The first of the evening’s four title fights will see Kevin Belingon defend his bantamweight title from Bibiano Fernandes. Belingon recently defeated Fernandes to unify his belts after he had previously defeated Martin Nguyen to win the interim bantamweight title. Fernandes spoke to The Body Lock in the lead-up to this event, sharing that he was disappointed with Belingon’s fighting style and accused him of “running” throughout the fight.
The card also features former UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson, who will be competing in the first-round of the ONE Flyweight Grand Prix in a bout with Yuya Wakamatsu.
Former UFC and Bellator champion Eddie Alvarez will also be making his first appearance with ONE Championship, competing against Timofey Nastyukhin in a ONE Lightweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final bout.
On the prelims, Garry Tonon makes his return to the cage to face his toughest opponent to date, Anthony Engelen. Tonon explained that he has a ‘different mentality’ for this fight and plans to be more aggressive.
Check out the entire ONE: A New Era fight card below.
ONE: A New Era Fight Card
- Eduard Folayang vs. Shinya Aoki (ONE Lightweight Championship)
- Xiong Jing Nan vs. Angela Lee (ONE Strawweight Championship)
- Aung La N Sang vs. Ken Hasegawa (ONE Middleweight Championship)
- Kevin Belingon vs. Bibiano Fernandes (ONE Bantamweight Championship)
- Yuya Wakamatsu vs. Demetrious Johnson (ONE Flyweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final)
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Timofey Nastyukhin (ONE Lightweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final)
- Andy Souwer vs. Yodsanklai Iwe Fairtex (Kickboxing)
- Danny Kingad vs. Senzo Ikeda (ONE Flyweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final)
- Tatsumitsu Wada vs. Ivanildo Delfino (ONE Flyweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final)
- Kairat Akhmetov vs. Reece McLaren (ONE Flyweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final)
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs. Hakim Hamech
- Hiroki Akimoto vs. Joseph Lasiri (Kickboxing)
- Mei Yamaguchi vs. Kseniya Lachkova
- Anthony Engelen vs. Garry Tonon
- Panicos Yusuf vs. Mohammed Bin Mahmoud (Muay Thai)
- Yoon Chang Min vs. Bala Shetty
Jake Nichols is The Body Lock's Editor in Chief. Previously, he was the MMA Editor at RealSport.