After a successful kickoff to the Phoenix Rising one-night tournament series a few weeks ago, Invicta FC is back as they have their next numbered event in Invicta FC 35 set for June 7 in the Memorial Hall in Kansas City, Kansas.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
Invicta revealed on Tuesday that the event will be headlined by a flyweight rematch that will see the winner go on to face the recently crowned champion, Vanessa Porto. It will be Invicta staple and The Ultimate Fighter season 26 alum, DeAnna Bennett vs top Mexican prospect out of Lobo Gym, Karina Rodriguez.
The pair first met in March 2018 at Invicta 28. Bennett would be the one to earn the questionable split decision victory.
Since then, each has earned victories as they went on to compete in Invicta 34’s flyweight contender tournament which took place in February. For Bennett, she would defeat top prospect, Miranda Maverick by unanimous decision while Rodriguez put on a show en route to her split decision victory over Milana Dudieva.
Also on the card will be the promotional debut of the super talented Japanese prospect, Kanako Murata who has made her name predominantly fighting over in Asia and the RIZIN Fighting Federation. Murata was supposed to make her Invicta debut in December 2018 against Sharon Jacobson but an injury forced her out. Since then she’s gone on to earn a dominant winner of Saray Orozco at RIZIN 15 this past month.
Also on the card will be the returns of Alesha Zappitella, Kaitlin Young, Lisa Spangler, former title challenger Katharina Lehner, and many more. Viviane Pereira will also be making her debut in the 105-pound atomweight division.
The full card line-up can be seen below.
- Flyweight – 125lbs: DeAnna Bennett (10-4-1) vs. Karina Rodríguez (7-3)
- Atomweight – 105lbs: Alesha Zappitella (5-0) vs. Viviane Pereira (13-3)
- Strawweight – 115lbs: Kanako Murata (9-1) vs. Liana Pirosin (7-2)
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Katharina Lehner (7-1) vs. Lisa Spangler (3-0)
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Kaitlin Young (9-9-1) vs. Faith McMah (6-3)
- Bantamweight: Chelsea Chandler (1-1) vs. Brittney Victoria (3-0)
- Atomweight: Kelly D’Angelo (3-2) vs. Jillian DeCoursey (2-1)
- Atomweight: Loma Lookboonmee (2-1) vs. Monique Adriane (4-1)
- Strawweight: Valerie Wong (0-0) vs. Genia Goodin (0-0)
Drake Riggs is an MMA writer based out of Brush Prairie, Washington, USA who specializes in feature pieces, the women's fight scene, lists, news coverage, and rankings. He has been a passionate fan of MMA ever since 2009. Drake has most notably written for BJPenn.com, FanSided, The Body Lock, South China Morning Post, MyMMANews, Cageside Press, Sherdog, The Scrap, and MMA Today. He has also written for and created video content for RT Sport. As for other sports, Drake is a longtime fan of the NFL's Green Bay Packers and Jacksonville Jaguars.You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram: @DrakeRiggs_ . Also check out all of his video content on YouTube at: "Drake Riggs" where he uploads fighter interviews, podshows, and various other types of content.