Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    • Our News
    • News Aggregator
    • Predictions
    • Odds
    • Watch UFC
    • Order PPV
    • Gambling
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    Home»Boxing»Boxing News»Conor Benn Abandons Eddie Hearn for Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing in Stunning Move
    Boxing News

    Conor Benn Abandons Eddie Hearn for Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing in Stunning Move

    Conor Benn signs with Dana White's Zuffa Boxing after 10 years with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom, targeting world title fights at welterweight.
    Sebastian BergmanBy Sebastian BergmanFebruary 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read

    TLDR

    • Conor Benn signed with Zuffa Boxing on February 20, 2026, after 10 years with Matchroom Boxing
    • The deal is reportedly worth eight figures and represents a major loss for Eddie Hearn
    • Hearn said he was “devastated” and blamed himself for not securing Benn with a new contract earlier
    • Benn thanked Hearn but said Zuffa offered an opportunity he couldn’t refuse for legacy fights
    • Benn is the WBC welterweight mandatory challenger and wants to fight the winner of Barrios vs Garcia

    Sources: Sky Sports | MMA Mania | Fightnews

    Conor Benn has signed with Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing after ending his 10-year partnership with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing. The 29-year-old British welterweight announced the move on February 20, 2026, saying he wants “legacy fights” and “the biggest stages.”

    Benn had been with Matchroom since turning professional as a 20-year-old. His departure marks a major shift in his career and in the ongoing competition between White and Hearn.

    Benn Thanks Hearn Despite Move

    In a statement on social media, Benn thanked his former promoter for years of support. “First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they’ve done for me over the past decade,” Benn wrote.

    Benn said Matchroom guided him from his debut through headlining stadium shows. He praised the team for standing by him during difficult times, including a suspension for a failed drug test.

    “They were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times,” Benn said. He added that Zuffa Boxing presented “an opportunity I simply couldn’t refuse.”

    Benn said he would like Hearn to continue being part of his team in some capacity. “I’d love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter,” he wrote.

    Reports indicate the Zuffa Boxing deal is worth eight figures. Some sources describe it as a one-fight, ten-figure agreement.

    Hearn Says He’s Devastated by Loss

    Hearn told IFL TV he was “devastated” by Benn’s decision to leave. He said he had known for a few days the move was likely to happen.


    Betpanda

    “I have got to be honest with you. Me personally I am devastated,” Hearn said. He admitted he blamed himself for not anticipating Benn’s departure.

    Hearn said he never pushed Benn to sign a new contract because he thought their relationship was strong enough. “I forgot it was boxing and I just felt that the loyalty that we’ve shown would never ever put us in this position,” Hearn explained.

    The promoter said he received the news through an email from Benn’s lawyer. He texted Benn asking for a phone call to discuss keeping him with Matchroom, but Benn declined.

    “I text him and said, ‘I think we should have a talk. For everything I have done for you I think I deserve a call,’ and he said no,” Hearn revealed. “I was like, f—k, I can not believe it.”

    Hearn said he loaned Benn hundreds of thousands of pounds during his suspension. He described Benn as his second biggest star after Anthony Joshua.

    Benn has won 24 of his 25 professional fights. He defeated Chris Eubank Jr. in a blockbuster rematch at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in November 2025 after losing their first bout in April.

    Benn is now the WBC welterweight mandatory challenger. He has moved down from middleweight to pursue his goal of winning a world title at 147 pounds.

    The WBC welterweight belt is currently held by Mario Barrios, who will defend it against Ryan Garcia on February 21, 2026, in Las Vegas. Benn said he wants to fight the winner.

    “Listen, I said I would be WBC champion, it was always the dream, so to be within touching distance and be made mandatory for the WBC world title, I’ll be there ringside and I want the winner,” Benn told Sky Sports earlier this month. “No doubt it will be Garcia. Garcia vs Benn – I like the sound of that.”

    BetOnline

    Get $250 in Free Bets from BetOnline

    Share. Facebook Twitter Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    Avatar photo
    Sebastian Bergman
    • Website

    Sebastian is a seasoned sports journalist with a focus on MMA, boxing, and grappling. Having trained in BJJ & boxing, he brings a unique perspective that blends the insight of a journalist, the passion of a spectator, and the experience of a practitioner. His deep understanding of combat sports allows him to deliver informed, engaging coverage from every angle of the fight game.

    Related Posts

    Former UFC Champion Henry Cejudo Scheduled for Misfits Boxing Event

    August 19, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read

    Benn vs Garcia: Can the British Fighter Pull Off a Career-Defining Upset?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 4 Mins Read

    Can Anthony Joshua Survive Tyson Fury After Two Knockdowns Against Unknown Fighter?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube

    Betpanda

    Khabib Claims He Never Reached His Peak During Legendary 29-0 Career

    UFC News August 20, 2026

    Khabib Nurmagomedov says he never reached his peak during his 29-0 UFC run and came closest against Justin Gaethje at UFC 254.

    Yair Rodriguez Pulls Out of Noche UFC Main Event Due to Injury

    August 20, 2026

    Islam Makhachev Sidelined After UFC 330: What Happened to the Champion?

    August 20, 2026

    Paddy Pimblett Vows to ‘Terrorize’ Topuria and Tsarukyan: ‘I’m Gonna Rinse Their Lives’

    August 20, 2026

    Arman Tsarukyan Says Ilia Topuria Needs ‘Easy Fight’ After Brutal Title Loss

    August 20, 2026

    MyBookie


    Gambling Disclaimer:
    This site provides information only. We may receive affiliate commissions. Gambling is for adults (18+). Availability depends on your location. Please gamble responsibly. Read our Gambling content policy here.
    Home of the best MMA, Boxing & Combat Sport news,  predictions, picks, tips and more. We bring you the latest betting odds, news, and results for every UFC fight.
    TheBodyLock™ Copyright © 2017 - 2026 Kooc Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Registered Company No.05695741
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.