TLDR
- Conor Benn signed with Zuffa Boxing on February 20, 2026, after 10 years with Matchroom Boxing
- The deal is reportedly worth eight figures and represents a major loss for Eddie Hearn
- Hearn said he was “devastated” and blamed himself for not securing Benn with a new contract earlier
- Benn thanked Hearn but said Zuffa offered an opportunity he couldn’t refuse for legacy fights
- Benn is the WBC welterweight mandatory challenger and wants to fight the winner of Barrios vs Garcia
Sources: Sky Sports | MMA Mania | Fightnews
Conor Benn has signed with Dana White’s Zuffa Boxing after ending his 10-year partnership with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing. The 29-year-old British welterweight announced the move on February 20, 2026, saying he wants “legacy fights” and “the biggest stages.”
Benn had been with Matchroom since turning professional as a 20-year-old. His departure marks a major shift in his career and in the ongoing competition between White and Hearn.
Benn Thanks Hearn Despite Move
In a statement on social media, Benn thanked his former promoter for years of support. “First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they’ve done for me over the past decade,” Benn wrote.
Benn said Matchroom guided him from his debut through headlining stadium shows. He praised the team for standing by him during difficult times, including a suspension for a failed drug test.
“They were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times,” Benn said. He added that Zuffa Boxing presented “an opportunity I simply couldn’t refuse.”
Benn said he would like Hearn to continue being part of his team in some capacity. “I’d love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter,” he wrote.
Reports indicate the Zuffa Boxing deal is worth eight figures. Some sources describe it as a one-fight, ten-figure agreement.
Hearn Says He’s Devastated by Loss
Hearn told IFL TV he was “devastated” by Benn’s decision to leave. He said he had known for a few days the move was likely to happen.
“I have got to be honest with you. Me personally I am devastated,” Hearn said. He admitted he blamed himself for not anticipating Benn’s departure.
Hearn said he never pushed Benn to sign a new contract because he thought their relationship was strong enough. “I forgot it was boxing and I just felt that the loyalty that we’ve shown would never ever put us in this position,” Hearn explained.
The promoter said he received the news through an email from Benn’s lawyer. He texted Benn asking for a phone call to discuss keeping him with Matchroom, but Benn declined.
“I text him and said, ‘I think we should have a talk. For everything I have done for you I think I deserve a call,’ and he said no,” Hearn revealed. “I was like, f—k, I can not believe it.”
Hearn said he loaned Benn hundreds of thousands of pounds during his suspension. He described Benn as his second biggest star after Anthony Joshua.
Benn has won 24 of his 25 professional fights. He defeated Chris Eubank Jr. in a blockbuster rematch at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in November 2025 after losing their first bout in April.
Benn is now the WBC welterweight mandatory challenger. He has moved down from middleweight to pursue his goal of winning a world title at 147 pounds.
The WBC welterweight belt is currently held by Mario Barrios, who will defend it against Ryan Garcia on February 21, 2026, in Las Vegas. Benn said he wants to fight the winner.
“Listen, I said I would be WBC champion, it was always the dream, so to be within touching distance and be made mandatory for the WBC world title, I’ll be there ringside and I want the winner,” Benn told Sky Sports earlier this month. “No doubt it will be Garcia. Garcia vs Benn – I like the sound of that.”





>