Bellator 250 takes place Thursday at the Mohegan Sun Area in Uncasville, Connecticut. It will be headlined by a vacant middleweight title fight between former champion Gegard Mousasi and current Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
When the fight was first announced, Mousasi opened as the -137 betting favorite while Lima was a slight +110 underdog. And with the event edging near, the former UFC star has become a slightly bigger favorite.
Oddsmakers currently have Mousasi ranging from a -161 to -175 favorite while Lima is as high as a +149 underdog. That means you would have to bet $161 to win $100 on Mousasi while a $100 wager on Lima would earn you as much as $149.
It certainly makes sense as Lima is the smaller fighter who will be making his middleweight debut in Bellator against an experienced veteran in Mousasi who has only suffered one defeat — a majority decision loss to Rafael Lovato Jr. in June last year — in his last 10 outings.
Here are the opening odds for the pair’s last five fights:
Gegard Mousasi last five fights
- vs. Lyoto Machida (W): -185
- vs. Rafael Lovato Jr. (L): -405
- vs. Rory MacDonald (W): -200
- vs. Rafael Carvalho (W): -190
- vs. Alexander Shlemenko (W): -445
Douglas Lima last five fights
- vs. Rory MacDonald (W): +110
- vs. Michael Page (W): -335
- vs. Andrey Koreshkov (W): +135
- vs. Rory MacDonald (L): +185
- vs. Lorenz Larkin (W): +120
Combat sports fan who loves a good body shot.