Bellator 250 takes place Thursday at the Mohegan Sun Area in Uncasville, Connecticut. It will be headlined by a vacant middleweight title fight between former champion Gegard Mousasi and current Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima.
Deiveson Figueiredo and Valentina Shevchenko defend their titles tonight! Watch PPV main card -- LIVE HERE -- starting from 10 pm ET.
When the fight was first announced, Mousasi opened as the -137 betting favorite while Lima was a slight +110 underdog. And with the event edging near, the former UFC star has become a slightly bigger favorite.
Oddsmakers currently have Mousasi ranging from a -161 to -175 favorite while Lima is as high as a +149 underdog. That means you would have to bet $161 to win $100 on Mousasi while a $100 wager on Lima would earn you as much as $149.
It certainly makes sense as Lima is the smaller fighter who will be making his middleweight debut in Bellator against an experienced veteran in Mousasi who has only suffered one defeat — a majority decision loss to Rafael Lovato Jr. in June last year — in his last 10 outings.
Here are the opening odds for the pair’s last five fights:
Gegard Mousasi last five fights
- vs. Lyoto Machida (W): -185
- vs. Rafael Lovato Jr. (L): -405
- vs. Rory MacDonald (W): -200
- vs. Rafael Carvalho (W): -190
- vs. Alexander Shlemenko (W): -445
Douglas Lima last five fights
- vs. Rory MacDonald (W): +110
- vs. Michael Page (W): -335
- vs. Andrey Koreshkov (W): +135
- vs. Rory MacDonald (L): +185
- vs. Lorenz Larkin (W): +120