Welcome back to the Fight Business Podcast, Patrick Auger’s show dedicated to the business-side of mixed martial arts.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
In this episode, Auger breaks down the biggest stories from the past week, including Claressa Shields joining PFL, Khabib Nurmagomedov buying GFC, the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. exhibition event, and updates to the UFC antitrust lawsuit and PFL lawsuit.
- Why PFL signed Claressa Shields, and what kind of impact could it have on the promotion? (1:42)
- Understanding Khabib Nurmagomedov’s decision to purchase GFC (15:25)
- Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr. did 1.2 million PPV buys, and now Triller has announced “The Fight Club” with Snoop Dogg (31:02)
- UFC antitrust lawsuit updates and why the PFL lawsuit talk has died down (46:24)
If you enjoyed this Fight Business Podcast episode, make sure to hit the like and subscribe buttons and stick around for more content like this.
Follow Patrick Auger on Twitter: @AllDayAuger
Patrick is a consultant turned journalist who loves the fight game and everything to do with it. Focusing on the politics, business, and general state of MMA are his mainstays, though he'll dabble in analysis and best bets when he can. He also enjoys football, basketball, baseball, and great jokes in general so feel free to reach out and berate him on social media whenever you disagree with him.