Former heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos and Alexander Volkov collide in the headliner when the UFC returns to Moscow on November 9.
Dos Santos last competed earlier this year where he saw his three-fight winning streak snapped after a first-round TKO defeat to Francis Ngannou. Volkov, meanwhile, last competed at UFC 229 in October last year where he suffered a late knockout against Derrick Lewis.
Both fighters will be looking to get back on the win column and make a statement. And according to oddsmakers, it is “JDS” who is the slight favorite.
Here are the opening odds:
- Junior Dos Santos: -130
- Alexander Volkov: -110
The fight is virtually a pick ’em as you would need to bet $130 and $110 to win $100 on Dos Santos or Volkov respectively.
The co-main event features an exciting featherweight contest as Zabit Magomedsharipov meets Calvin Kattar. Their bout was originally supposed to take place in this past Friday’s UFC Boston co-main event. However, Magomedsharipov had injury issues and the fight was moved back for Moscow.
The Russian is undefeated in the UFC and is coming off a unanimous decision win over Jeremy Stephens at UFC 235 earlier this year. Kattar, on the other hand, bounced back from his first promotional defeat to Renato Moicano with TKO victories over Chris Fishgold and Ricardo Lamas.
Here are the opening odds for that bout:
- Zabit Magomedsharipov: -270
- Calvin Kattar: +190
That means you would have to stake $270 on Magomedsharipov to win $100 while a $100 bet on Kattar would win you $190.
You can find the opening odds for all four fighters and their last five outings below:
Junior Dos Santos last five fights
- vs. Francis Ngannou (L): +170
- vs. Derrick Lewis (W): -145
- vs. Tai Tuivasa (W): -135
- vs. Blagoy Ivanov (W): -120
- vs. Stipe Miocic (L): +167
Alexander Volkov last five fights
- vs. Derrick Lewis (L): -185
- vs. Fabricio Werdum (W): +175
- vs. Stefan Struve (W): -175
- vs. Roy Nelson (W): -140
- vs. Timothy Johnson (W): +110
Zabit Magomedsharipov last five fights
- vs. Jeremy Stephens (W): -300
- vs. Brandon Davis (W): -1050
- vs. Kyle Bochniak (W): -530
- vs. Sheymon Moraes (W): -405
- vs. Mike Santiago (W): -400
Calvin Kattar last five fights
- vs. Ricardo Lamas (W): -165
- vs. Chris Fishgold (W): -245
- vs. Renato Moicano (L): -180
- vs. Shane Burgos (W): +185
- vs. Andre Fili (W): +230
Combat sports fan who loves a good body shot.