UFC 280 takes place on Saturday, and the betting odds are available for each and every fight scheduled to take place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Some of the main card betting lines are remarkable, especially the main event matchup, which has Charles Oliveira as a decent underdog against Islam Makhachev. But nothing on the main card stands out quite like the incredible odds for Muhammad Mokaev to defeat Malcolm Gordon earlier in the night.
Muhammad Mokaev vs. Malcolm Gordon
Mokaev, regarded as one of the very best prospects in the UFC today, is set to enter his fight with Gordon as a whopping -1150 favorite at some sites. Gordon, the underdog, has odds of +850 at some bookmakers.
Mokaev’s odds as the favorite represent a 92 percent implied probability of winning at UFC 280, whereas Gordon’s odds imply a win probability of close to ten percent. It’s an incredibly one-sided matchup that’s very noticeable, considering the majority of other fights this weekend are close, competitive fights — like nearly all UFC events.
Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev
Charles Oliveira holds UFC records for most submissions (16) and most finishes (19), is currently on the best win streak of his UFC career (11), and also has defeated Justin Gaethje, Dustin Poirier, Michael Chandler, Tony Ferguson, and Kevin Lee in his last five fights. Despite the impressive collection of accolades and his recent time as lightweight champion, Oliveira is set to enter the UFC 280 main event as the betting underdog.
Makhachev himself enters this week on an impressive ten-fight win streak that dates back to 2016. He’s also managed to stop all four of his last opponents, most recently beating Bobby Green, Dan Hooker, Thiago Moises, and Drew Dober inside the distance. Many expect Makhachev to emerge victorious on Saturday.
Oddsmakers currently have Makhachev listed as a -190 favorite. Oliveira is available as a +185 underdog at some betting sites. In terms of win probability, Makhachev’s odds suggest a 65.5 percent implied probability of winning.
The UFC 280 fight card takes place in Abu Dhabi this Saturday and will stream live at a special afternoon slot in the United States. The main card fights will begin at 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT and be available to watch only on
UFC 280 Betting Odds
Saturday, October 22 – Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi
Main Card – 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT only on
- Charles Oliveira (+185) vs. Islam Makhachev (-190)
- Aljamain Sterling (-175) vs. TJ Dillashaw (+150)
- Petr Yan (-275) vs. Sean O’Malley (+230)
- Beneil Dariush (+165) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (-195)
- Katlyn Chookagian (+185) vs. Manon Fiorot (-215)
Prelims – 10:00 am ET / 7:00 am PT on ESPN+
- Belal Muhammad (+125) vs. Sean Brady (-145)
- Makhmud Muradov (+170) vs. Caio Borralho (-200)
- Volkan Oezdemir (+140) vs. Nikita Krylov (-165)
- Zubaira Tukhugov (-155) vs. Lucas Almeida (+135)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov (-175) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (+150)
- Armen Petrosyan (-205) vs. AJ Dobson (+175)
- Muhammad Mokaev (-1150) vs. Malcolm Gordon (+850)
- Karol Rosa (-260) vs. Lina Lansberg (+220)
Order UFC 280 PPV
- Date: Saturday, October 22
- Time: PPV Main Card starts at 2 pm ET, Prelims start at 10 am ET
ESPN+ PPV (order here)
Order UFC 280 on the ESPN+ website to watch every main card fight live, including Oliveira vs. Makhachev, Sterling vs. Dillashaw, Yan vs. O’Malley, and more.
After ordering, fans can stream every UFC 280 fight to a preferred device, including TVs, mobiles, computers, laptops, tablets, and more.