UFC 280 weigh-in results: One main card fighter misses weight
UFC 280 takes place this Saturday in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, but not before all fighters proceed to the scales to weigh in for their respective bouts.
Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev is the scheduled main event for UFC 280 and will likely draw particular attention at the weigh-ins following Oliveira had failed to make the championship limit in his last outing at UFC 274. Oliveira came in at 155.5 pounds and, therefore, just slightly over the 155-pound limit for the UFC Lightweight Championship bout with Justin Gaethje and was therefore stripped of his title and deemed ineligible to win it at that event.
UFC 280 is a special PPV event, and that means fans can watch every fight live only after ordering the fight card on the ESPN+ website. Fans who have purchased access can watch the fights live on their preferred device, such as a TV, mobile, computer, laptop, tablet, and more.
Because the UFC 280 fight card is being hosted in Abu Dhabi, the PPV event will also air at a unique afternoon time slot in the United States. The main card will commence at 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT and is only available on ESPN+ PPV.
UFC 280 weigh-in results
Main Card – 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT only on
- Charles Oliveira (154.5) vs. Islam Makhachev (154.5)
- Aljamain Sterling (135) vs. TJ Dillashaw (135)
- Petr Yan (136) vs. Sean O’Malley (135.5)
- Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Mateusz Gamrot (156)
- Katlyn Chookagian (127.5) vs. Manon Fiorot (125.5)
Prelims – 10:00 am ET / 7:00 am PT on ESPN+
- Belal Muhammad (170) vs. Sean Brady (171)
- Makhmud Muradov (185) vs. Caio Borralho (186)
- Volkan Oezdemir (206) vs. Nikita Krylov (206)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov (170.5) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (171)
- Armen Petrosyan (186) vs. AJ Dobson (185)
- Muhammad Mokaev (126) vs. Malcolm Gordon (126)
- Karol Rosa (135) vs. Lina Lansberg (135)
Covering MMA and combat sports since 2015. Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.