Two big betting underdogs are getting lots of attention this week before the two titles go up for grabs at UFC 277 in Dallas, Texas, this Saturday night.
In the main event, new women’s bantamweight champion Julianna Pena will defend her title in an immediate rematch against Amanda Nunes. Pena scored a stunning upset victory against Nunes in December after she had entered the fight as a huge +700 betting underdog. Despite her impressive performance, she’s set to enter this fight as a betting underdog, again, but that hasn’t stopped many fellow UFC fighters from predicting that she’ll win on the night.
As it currently stands, Pena is a +230 betting underdog, and Nunes is a -275 favorite ahead of the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship bout. The total rounds line has been set at over/under 2.5 rounds, suggesting that there are many bettors who are predicting that this one will finish inside the first two rounds yet again. In terms of prop bets, Nunes to win by KO, TKO, or submission is a favorite for bettors at odds of -120.
Watch UFC 277 Fight Card
- Date: Saturday, July 30
- Time: PPV Main Card starts at 10 pm ET, Prelims start at 6 pm ET
ESPN+ PPV (order here)
UFC 277 is a UFC PPV event, meaning that the Pena vs. Nunes rematch and all of the main card fights can only be watched on the
The co-main event is another title fight rematch, this time with the UFC Interim Flyweight Championship on the line as Brandon Moreno and Kai Kara-France go head-to-head. Moreno came out on top the first time these two fighters met back in 2019, winning a unanimous decision with a convincing effort in the second and third rounds.
Moreno will enter this one as the betting favorite at odds of -220, with Kai Kara-France set to enter as a +180 underdog at UFC 277. This fight is scheduled for five rounds, as well, but the total rounds line has been set at over/under 4.5, and the “fight to go the distance” market shows odds of -165. The favorite prop bet before this co-main event is Moreno to win by decision at odds of +135.
Other noteworthy odds before UFC 277 include Anthony Smith, who is set to enter as a +385 underdog against the fast-rising Magomed Ankalaev, who is currently at -560. Texas fan-favorite Derrick Lewis is also a +110 underdog before UFC 277 as he’s set to fight Sergei Pavlovich, who is currently a -140 favorite.
See below for a full list of UFC 277 betting odds, including the latest Pena vs. Nunes odds, Moreno vs. Kara-France odds, and more.
UFC 277 Betting Odds
Main Card – 10:00 pm ET / 7:00 pm PT only on
- Julianna Pena (+230) vs. Amanda Nunes (-275) (title fight)
- Brandon Moreno (-210) vs. Kai Kara-France (+180)
- Derrick Lewis (+115) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (-135)
- Alexandre Pantoja (-190) vs. Alex Perez (+160)
- Magomed Ankalaev (-520) vs. Anthony Smith (+410)
Prelims – 8:00 pm ET / 5:00 pm PT on ESPN+
- Alex Morono (+135) vs. Matthew Semelsberger (-155)
- Drew Dober (-190) vs. Rafael Alves (+160)
- Hamdy Abdelwahab (+160) vs. Don’Tale Mayes (-190)
- Drakkar Klose (-210) vs. Rafa Garcia (+180)
Early Prelims– 6:00 pm ET / 3:00 pm PT on ESPN+
- Adam Fugitt (+450) vs. Michael Morales (-600)
- Ji Yeon Kim (+100) vs. Joselyne Edwards (-120)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (-115) vs. Ihor Potieria (-105)
- Orion Cosce (-175) vs. Mike Mathetha (+145)