TLDR
- Yair Rodriguez withdrew from the Noche UFC 4 main event due to an undisclosed injury
- Jose Delgado will replace Rodriguez and face Jean Silva in a five-round fight on Sept. 12
- Rodriguez said it wasn’t responsible to compete injured and is focused on full recovery
- Delgado is ranked No. 14 and will compete in his first UFC main event
- The event takes place at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona
Sources: yardbarker.com | bjpenn.com
Rodriguez Forced to Withdraw
Former UFC interim featherweight champion Yair Rodriguez has withdrawn from the Noche UFC 4 main event scheduled for Sept. 12 in Glendale, Arizona. Rodriguez was set to headline the card against Jean Silva but suffered an injury that forced him out of the fight.
Rodriguez confirmed the withdrawal on his Instagram page Wednesday. He revealed that he tried to continue training but ultimately decided it wasn’t responsible to compete under his current conditions.
“I got injured,” Rodriguez wrote. “I tried to continue my training, but in the end, it wasn’t responsible to compete under these conditions.”
The 34-year-old fighter said his focus is now on making a full recovery before returning to competition. He thanked his supporters and apologized to fans who were looking forward to the matchup.
Rodriguez last competed in April 2025 when he defeated former Bellator two-division champion Patricio “Pitbull” Freire. He has been largely inactive in recent years, with that bout marking his only appearance since suffering losses to Alexander Volkanovski and Brian Ortega.
🚨 BREAKING: Yair Rodriguez is OUT of the #NocheUFC main-event against Jean Silva on September 12
(via @AgFight) pic.twitter.com/VX0TA2TSMv
— Championship Rounds (@ChampRDS) August 19, 2026
Delgado Steps Up for First Main Event
Arizona native Jose Delgado will replace Rodriguez in the main event slot against Silva. The fight will remain a five-round contest despite the last-minute change.
Delgado holds a record of 12-2 and earned his UFC contract through Dana White’s Contender Series in 2024. He has won four of his five octagon appearances and is currently ranked No. 14 in the featherweight division.
The 28-year-old is riding a two-fight winning streak heading into the biggest opportunity of his career. This will mark Delgado’s first UFC main event appearance.
Silva enters the fight ranked No. 6 in the 145-pound weight class. The Brazilian fighter has won 14 of his last 15 fights and holds an overall record of 17-3.
Silva is coming off a unanimous decision victory over Arnold Allen earlier this year. MMA Fighting first reported the news of the fighter switch, which both Silva and Delgado later confirmed on social media.
The event at Desert Diamond Arena will mark the UFC’s third visit to Glendale. Noche UFC 4 is the fourth annual event commemorating Mexico’s independence day.
The card is expected to feature 13 total bouts. No official date has been announced for Rodriguez’s return to the octagon following his recovery.




>