Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    • Our News
    • News Aggregator
    • Predictions
    • Odds
    • Watch UFC
    • Order PPV
    • Gambling
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    Home»UFC»UFC News»Ronda Rousey Declares War on UFC: ‘I’m Going Hard in the Trenches’
    UFC News

    Ronda Rousey Declares War on UFC: ‘I’m Going Hard in the Trenches’

    Ronda Rousey says her May 16 Netflix fight against Gina Carano is 'MVP versus UFC' and claims the promotion refused to pay her guaranteed money.
    Sebastian BergmanBy Sebastian BergmanFebruary 24, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read

    TLDR

    • Ronda Rousey frames her May 16 Netflix fight against Gina Carano as ‘MVP versus UFC’ competition
    • Rousey accuses UFC of treating class-action lawsuits as routine business expenses
    • Former champion says UFC refused to offer adequate guaranteed money for the matchup
    • Rousey earned approximately $6 million from the Le v. Zuffa antitrust settlement in 2025
    • Dana White confirmed negotiations took place but said he’s happy for both fighters

    Sources: Bloody Elbow | The Express | Sherdog | Post Wrestling

    Ronda Rousey is framing her upcoming fight against Gina Carano as a direct challenge to the UFC and Dana White. The former UFC women’s bantamweight champion said her May 16 comeback on Netflix represents more than just a return to the cage.

    “It’s a dream fight and a super fight and everything but I feel like the story and everything behind it is not just this fight,” Rousey said in a video released by Most Valuable Promotions on Monday. “But a lot of it is MVP versus UFC, and that’s where I’m gonna f—— go real hard in the trenches.”

    Rousey, 38, has not competed in MMA since her knockout loss to Amanda Nunes in 2016. She will face Carano in a five-round featherweight bout at the Intuit Dome in Inglewood, California, under Jake Paul’s Most Valuable Promotions banner.

    UFC ‘Suffering from Lack of Competition’

    The Hall of Famer accused the UFC of treating class-action lawsuits as routine business expenses. She claimed the promotion needs legitimate competition to prevent this practice from continuing.

    “We’re helping them because they’re suffering from a lack of competition and they can’t just make a class action lawsuit every couple of years the cost of doing business,” Rousey said. “I’m really trying to help Dana out and if anyone has been groomed to be his apprentice, it’s been me.”

    Rousey played a key role in the landmark antitrust case Le v. Zuffa, which secured final clearance in February 2025. The settlement totaled $375 million for fighters active between 2010 and 2017.

    Legal experts believe Rousey earned roughly $6 million from the settlement. Unsealed documents showed she made far more than the purses she officially revealed during her championship reign.

    Negotiations Broke Down Over Money

    Rousey revealed on The Jim Rome Show last week that she initially approached the UFC about hosting the Carano fight. She said the promotion refused to offer adequate guaranteed money.


    Betpanda

    “They didn’t want to set a precedent of giving me the guaranteed money that I deserve,” Rousey said. “Because once I raise that tide, it lifts all the boats.”

    She pointed to the UFC’s recent $7.7 billion deal with Paramount as evidence the promotion could afford to pay fighters more. Rousey claimed it was in the UFC’s financial interest to minimize fighter compensation rather than put on the best fights possible.

    Dana White confirmed at Saturday’s UFC Houston press conference that discussions about the fight took place. “Her and I have been talking about this since last year,” White said. “It just didn’t work out. But I’m happy for her.”

    White said he and Carano are now “in a really good place” after previously having issues. Years ago, Carano backed out of UFC negotiations after receiving a text from White calling her a “bitch,” which he later confirmed was intended for her and subsequently apologized for.

    Rousey held the UFC women’s bantamweight title for 1,074 days and successfully defended it six times. She remains the biggest star in women’s MMA history.

    The Netflix event will mark the streaming platform’s first foray into live MMA broadcasting. Carano last competed in MMA in 2009, making this fight a return for both women after extended absences from the sport.

    BetOnline

    Get $250 in Free Bets from BetOnline

    Share. Facebook Twitter Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    Avatar photo
    Sebastian Bergman
    • Website

    Sebastian is a seasoned sports journalist with a focus on MMA, boxing, and grappling. Having trained in BJJ & boxing, he brings a unique perspective that blends the insight of a journalist, the passion of a spectator, and the experience of a practitioner. His deep understanding of combat sports allows him to deliver informed, engaging coverage from every angle of the fight game.

    Related Posts

    Khabib Claims He Never Reached His Peak During Legendary 29-0 Career

    August 20, 2026 UFC News 3 Mins Read

    Yair Rodriguez Pulls Out of Noche UFC Main Event Due to Injury

    August 20, 2026 UFC News 3 Mins Read

    Islam Makhachev Sidelined After UFC 330: What Happened to the Champion?

    August 20, 2026 UFC News 3 Mins Read
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube

    Betpanda

    Anthony Hernandez Faces Gregory Rodrigues in UFC Sacramento Main Event

    UFC Odds August 22, 2026

    Anthony Hernandez faces Gregory Rodrigues Saturday in UFC Sacramento’s main event, looking to bounce back from his first loss in five years.

    UFC Sacramento: Spivac vs Petrino Heavyweight Co-Main Event Odds and Preview

    August 22, 2026

    Reinier de Ridder vs Roman Dolidze Set for UFC Sacramento Light Heavyweight Bout

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Judice Opens as Heavy Favorite Over Unbeaten Chaves

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Gaziev and Nzechukwu Both Seek First Win in Months

    August 22, 2026

    MyBookie


    Gambling Disclaimer:
    This site provides information only. We may receive affiliate commissions. Gambling is for adults (18+). Availability depends on your location. Please gamble responsibly. Read our Gambling content policy here.
    Home of the best MMA, Boxing & Combat Sport news,  predictions, picks, tips and more. We bring you the latest betting odds, news, and results for every UFC fight.
    TheBodyLock™ Copyright © 2017 - 2026 Kooc Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Registered Company No.05695741
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.