TLDR
- Nate Diaz wants to return to UFC on the June 14 White House card after nearly four years away
- Diaz named Conor McGregor as his top choice for a trilogy fight, with their rivalry tied at 1-1
- Dustin Poirier and Mike Perry were mentioned as alternative opponents for his comeback
- Diaz last fought in UFC in September 2022, defeating Tony Ferguson before moving to boxing
- The White House event is planned for the South Lawn during America’s 250th anniversary celebrations
Sources: Bloody Elbow | Times of India | TMZ | Wrestling World
Nate Diaz has confirmed his interest in returning to the UFC and named Conor McGregor as his top choice for an opponent. The 40-year-old fighter spoke to TMZ Sports about his desire to compete on the planned White House card scheduled for June 14.
Diaz has been away from the UFC since September 2022, when he submitted Tony Ferguson in his last contracted fight. He spent the past few years competing in boxing matches against Jake Paul and Jorge Masvidal.
McGregor Trilogy Fight Tops Diaz’s Wish List
Diaz made it clear that a trilogy fight with Conor McGregor is his priority for a UFC comeback. The two fighters are tied at one win each from their 2016 bouts, making a third fight an attractive option for fans and promoters.
“Yeah, that’d be dope, too,” Diaz said when asked about fighting at the White House event. “America gang, baby. You already know what’s popping.”
The UFC is planning a major event on the White House South Lawn during the United States’ 250th anniversary celebrations. UFC President Dana White has confirmed the card is being finalized.
McGregor is expected to be eligible to compete again in March 2026. Both fighters have expressed interest in participating in the historic event.
Other Potential Opponents Named
Diaz also mentioned two other fighters as possible opponents for his return. He called out Dustin Poirier, though he criticized Poirier for his reluctance to commit to the fight.
Poirier retired after his third fight with Max Holloway last year. He has not fully committed to returning to competition, though he has said a bout with Diaz interests him.
Diaz mentioned Mike Perry as a third option for his comeback fight. He emphasized his readiness for “real action” after his time away from mixed martial arts competition.
Former fighter Brendan Schaub commented on the potential trilogy fight. He believes the UFC needs a matchup like Diaz versus McGregor to attract massive viewership for the White House show.
Schaub said casual viewers would only tune in for recognizable stars. He suggested the current UFC roster alone may not be enough to achieve record-breaking viewership without a nostalgic matchup.
Diaz expressed confidence in his readiness to return to high-level competition. He made it clear he’s not picky about opponents as long as it’s a legitimate, high-level fight.
The June 14 White House card would mark Diaz’s first UFC appearance in nearly four years. His last octagon victory came against Tony Ferguson via fourth-round guillotine choke.





>