An exciting lightweight bout between Lando Vannata and Marc Diakiese has been scheduled for UFC Copenhagen on September 28, per a report by Newsome MMA.
Lando Vannata (10-3-2) last competed in February, submitting UFC newcomer Marcos Mariano in the first round with a kimura. This marked the American’s first win inside the Octagon since 2016, pushing his record to two wins, two draws, and three defeats with the UFC.
Vannata made his UFC debut in July 2016, where he filled in on short notice to face Tony Ferguson. Despite losing the contest, “Groovy” showcased his striking skills from the first bell, dropping Ferguson several times in the second round. That fight with Ferguson would be the first of three UFC “Fight of the Night” awards to date.
Marc Diakiese (13-3) will be an entirely different danger for Vannata. The Brit recently snapped a three-fight losing skid in March of this year, dismantling respected veteran Joe Duffy. “Bonecrusher” jumps back into the deep end on September 28 and will be looking to live up to his nickname.
The UFC Fight Night card is headlined by middleweight scrappers Jack Hermansson and Jared Cannonier, with the winner likely thrusting themselves closer to the top of the 185-pound title picture.
UFC Copenhagen Fight Card
- Jack Hermansson vs. Jared Cannonier
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Thiago Alves
- Macy Chiasson vs. Lina Lansberg
- Ion Cuțelaba vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.
- Lando Vannata vs. Marc Diakiese
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Peter Sobotta
- Alen Amedovski vs. John Phillips
- Nicolas Dalby vs. Alex Oliveira