- Adesanya defends his middleweight title against Romero at UFC 248.
- Romero remains the underdog for the second time in his last three fights.
UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya continues to be a huge betting favorite over Yoel Romero.
Adesanya defends his title against Romero in the UFC 248 headliner in Las Vegas this weekend. Many have praised “The Last Stylebender” for specifically calling Romero out despite the latter being the boogeyman of the division.
Others also believe “The Soldier of God” is a bad matchup for Adesanya and will come out on top.
Regardless, oddsmakers and bettors remain confident in the champion. When the fight was announced, the opening odds had Adesanya as the -185 favorite while Romero was a +145 underdog.
But with just days to go for UFC 248, Adesanya is ranging from a -270 to -300 favorite. Romero, on the other hand, is ranging from a +210 to +246 underdog.
That means you would need to bet $270 to win $100 on Adesanya while a $100 stake on Romero would return $210.
Those are certainly enticing odds if you’re backing the Cuban for victory.
Here are the opening odds for the pair’s last five fights:
Israel Adesanya last five fights
- vs. Robert Whittaker (W): +160
- vs. Kelvin Gastelum (W): -220
- vs. Anderson Silva (W): -400
- vs. Derek Brunson (W): -260
- vs. Brad Tavares (W): -120
Yoel Romero last five fights
- vs. Paulo Costa (L): -190
- vs. Robert Whittaker (L): +110
- vs. Luke Rockhold (W): -180
- vs. Robert Whittaker (L): -150
- vs. Chris Weidman (W): +235