UFC 245 takes place on December 14 in Las Vegas and the promotion’s end-of-year show finally has its main event.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
It was recently announced that Kamaru Usman would defend his welterweight title against Colby Covington in a highly-anticipated grudge match.
Usman became champion after a dominant unanimous decision win over Tyron Woodley in the co-main event of UFC 235 earlier this year. In total, “The Nigerian Nightmare” is undefeated in 10 UFC fights since making his debut in 2015.
Covington, meanwhile, is also coming off a dominant unanimous decision win over Robbie Lawler in August. His last outing before that was a unanimous decision win over Rafael dos Anjos in 2018 that saw him win the interim welterweight title before later getting stripped of it. In total, “Chaos” is 10-1 in the UFC since debuting in 2014.
So how do bookmakers see this fight going? Here are the opening odds:
Colby Covington celebrates after his fight with Robbie Lawler at UFC Newark (UFC/Getty Images)That means you would need to bet $275 on Usman to win $100 or place a wager of $100 on Covington to win an additional $215.
Here are the opening odds for the pair’s last five fights:
Kamaru Usman last five fights
- vs. Tyron Woodley (W): +105
- vs. Rafael dos Anjos (W): -215
- vs. Demian Maia (W): -175
- vs. Emil Meek (W): -705
- vs. Sergio Moraes (W): -440
Colby Covington last five fights
- vs. Robbie Lawler (W): -175
- vs. Rafael dos Anjos (W): +150
- vs. Demian Maia (W): -140
- vs. Dong Hyun Kim (W): -195
- vs. Bryan Barbarena (W): -315
Combat sports fan who loves a good body shot.