Over the weekend, it was a one-night tournament in KNOCK OUT to crown a super bantamweight champion.
On opposite ends of the brackets were a pair of Japanese aces in Rui Ebata and Eisaku Ogasawara. “Speed Actor” Ogasawara faced Spain’s Mikel Fernandez in the semi-finals, as promotional mainstay Ebata took on Takashi Ono. The winner of these respective match-ups faced off in the night’s main event to determine the KNOCK OUT super bantamweight king.
Along with the championship prize, the winner will also receive 1 million ¥ in prize money.
For those unfamiliar with KNOCK OUT, it is one of Japan’s premier combat sports organizations. Each bout is contested under muay thai rules.
Check out the full results from the Ota City General Gymnasium below, and watch some of the action on the KNOCK OUT YouTube channel!
- Rui Ebata def. Eisaku Ogasawara via Unanimous Decision – Championship Final
- Jomthong Chuwattana def. Hinata Watanabe via Unanimous Decision
- Keijiro Miyakoshi def. Shinji Suzuki via KO (Elbow) in Round 3
- Haruta Yasumoto def. Shunta Ito via TKO (Strikes) in Round 5
- Rui Ebata def. Takashi Ono via Majority Decision – Championship Tournament
- Eisaku Ogasawara def. Mikel Fernandez via Unanimous Decision – Championship Tournament
- Takuya Imamura def. Togo via TKO (Cut) in Round 4
- Shunsuke Miyabi def. Ryoutarou via TKO (Cut) in Round 3
- Rina Okamoto def. Shoko via Majority Decision
- Keisuke Niwa def. Haruaki Otsuki via Unanimous Decision
- Tomoki Yoshino def. Ryo Kawamura via TKO (Knee & Punch) in Round 2