Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    • Our News
    • News Aggregator
    • Predictions
    • Odds
    • Watch UFC
    • Order PPV
    • Gambling
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    Home»Boxing»Boxing News»Ryan Garcia Calls Out Teofimo Lopez After Rivals Back Away From Fight
    Boxing News

    Ryan Garcia Calls Out Teofimo Lopez After Rivals Back Away From Fight

    Ryan Garcia says Teofimo Lopez will be his next opponent after Devin Haney and Shakur Stevenson declined fights with the WBC welterweight champion.
    Sebastian BergmanBy Sebastian BergmanMarch 30, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read

    TLDR

    • Ryan Garcia plans to fight Teofimo Lopez next after failed negotiations with Devin Haney and Shakur Stevenson
    • Stevenson talks collapsed over weight requirements, with Garcia demanding 147 pounds and Stevenson offering 144
    • Haney insisted Garcia complete 365-day drug testing before agreeing to rematch after their 2024 no-contest result
    • Lopez lost his super lightweight title to Stevenson in January and expressed willingness to move up to welterweight
    • Garcia is targeting a July return and says he wants to stay active as WBC welterweight champion

    Sources: boxingnewsonline.net | timesofindia.indiatimes.com | boxing-social.com

    WBC welterweight champion Ryan Garcia says he plans to fight former two-division champion Teofimo Lopez next after negotiations with other top fighters fell through. Garcia defeated Mario Barrios in February to capture the WBC welterweight title, marking the first time the 27-year-old has held a world championship.

    Garcia has publicly stated that both Devin Haney and Shakur Stevenson declined to fight him, leaving Lopez as his primary option for a July return. Speaking on the Creators Think Podcast, Garcia listed his recent opponents while discussing his next move.

    “I’m out here fighting Devin Haney, Tank Davis, now I’m about to fight Teofimo,” Garcia said. “I’m fighting everybody that’s in front of me.”

    🚨‼️BREAKING NEWS‼️🚨

    ‼️RYAN GARCIA
    SAYS HE IS FIGHTING
    TEOFIMO LOPEZ NEXT‼️
    😳😳#Boxing #GarciaLopez
    💥💥🥊🥊🥊 pic.twitter.com/uZUoONpTSH

    — Dan The Boxing Man (@dantheboxingman) March 28, 2026

    Weight Requirements Block Stevenson Fight

    The breakdown in negotiations with Stevenson centered on the weight limit. Garcia’s team insisted Stevenson fight at the full 147-pound welterweight limit, while Stevenson was willing to accept a catchweight of 144 pounds.

    Stevenson has since indicated he prefers to return to lightweight and pursue IBF champion Raymond Muratalla instead of moving up to welterweight. Garcia posted on social media in early March calling Stevenson “shakur shaking ass Stevenson” after talks collapsed.

    The situation with Haney remains complicated from their April 2024 fight. Garcia scored three knockdowns and won a majority decision, but the result was later changed to a no-contest after Garcia failed a drug test.

    Haney has demanded that Garcia complete a full 365-day VADA drug testing program before agreeing to a rematch. Haney is now reportedly close to finalizing a May 30 fight against Rolly Romero.

    Lopez Moving Up From Super Lightweight

    Lopez lost his WBO super lightweight title to Stevenson by unanimous decision on January 31. After that loss, Lopez suggested he might move up to welterweight for his next fight.


    Betpanda

    Garcia acknowledged the size difference could be a challenge for Lopez. “For Teofimo to come to 147, it’s going to be hard for him,” Garcia said. “But he said he’s down.”

    Lopez previously held unified titles at lightweight and the WBO belt at 140 pounds. Moving to welterweight would give him a chance to win a title in a third weight class.

    On March 7, Lopez urged Garcia and Haney to stop arguing about billing and make a fight happen. “Just freaking fight,” Lopez said. “The best time for this fight to happen, but we’re talking on who’s the A-side, B-side.”

    Garcia also mentioned other potential opponents in recent interviews. Arnold Barboza Jr. called for a fight with Garcia after defeating Kenneth Sims Jr. on March 14, saying negotiations for a February bout had fallen apart earlier this year.

    Alexis Rocha, another welterweight contender, praised Garcia’s performance against Barrios but said he would welcome the opportunity to fight the champion. Rocha said Garcia looked sharp but believed Barrios appeared drained in that fight.

    Garcia stated on a livestream with content creator N3on that he wants to stay active as champion. “I’m the world champ now. I think the world champ should fight often,” Garcia said.

    Garcia is targeting a July return to the ring. Lopez remains the frontrunner as his next opponent if both sides can finalize terms for Lopez moving up to welterweight.

    BetOnline

    Get $250 in Free Bets from BetOnline

    Share. Facebook Twitter Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    Avatar photo
    Sebastian Bergman
    • Website

    Sebastian is a seasoned sports journalist with a focus on MMA, boxing, and grappling. Having trained in BJJ & boxing, he brings a unique perspective that blends the insight of a journalist, the passion of a spectator, and the experience of a practitioner. His deep understanding of combat sports allows him to deliver informed, engaging coverage from every angle of the fight game.

    Related Posts

    Former UFC Champion Henry Cejudo Scheduled for Misfits Boxing Event

    August 19, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read

    Benn vs Garcia: Can the British Fighter Pull Off a Career-Defining Upset?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 4 Mins Read

    Can Anthony Joshua Survive Tyson Fury After Two Knockdowns Against Unknown Fighter?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube

    Betpanda

    Anthony Hernandez Faces Gregory Rodrigues in UFC Sacramento Main Event

    UFC Odds August 22, 2026

    Anthony Hernandez faces Gregory Rodrigues Saturday in UFC Sacramento’s main event, looking to bounce back from his first loss in five years.

    UFC Sacramento: Spivac vs Petrino Heavyweight Co-Main Event Odds and Preview

    August 22, 2026

    Reinier de Ridder vs Roman Dolidze Set for UFC Sacramento Light Heavyweight Bout

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Judice Opens as Heavy Favorite Over Unbeaten Chaves

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Gaziev and Nzechukwu Both Seek First Win in Months

    August 22, 2026

    MyBookie


    Gambling Disclaimer:
    This site provides information only. We may receive affiliate commissions. Gambling is for adults (18+). Availability depends on your location. Please gamble responsibly. Read our Gambling content policy here.
    Home of the best MMA, Boxing & Combat Sport news,  predictions, picks, tips and more. We bring you the latest betting odds, news, and results for every UFC fight.
    TheBodyLock™ Copyright © 2017 - 2026 Kooc Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Registered Company No.05695741
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.