Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    • Our News
    • News Aggregator
    • Predictions
    • Odds
    • Watch UFC
    • Order PPV
    • Gambling
    The Body LockThe Body Lock
    Home»Boxing»Boxing News»John Fury Reveals He and Tyson Are No Longer Speaking: ‘Boxing Destroyed It Completely’
    Boxing News

    John Fury Reveals He and Tyson Are No Longer Speaking: ‘Boxing Destroyed It Completely’

    John Fury confirms he and son Tyson are no longer speaking, blaming boxing for destroying their relationship and warning about his son's declining condition.
    Sebastian BergmanBy Sebastian BergmanMarch 19, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read

    TLDR

    • John Fury confirmed he and Tyson Fury are no longer on speaking terms, blaming boxing for destroying their relationship
    • The rift began when Tyson excluded his father from his corner team before the second Usyk loss
    • John believes Tyson is past his best and hasn’t been the same since the Deontay Wilder trilogy fights
    • He warned Tyson could suffer serious injury or death with his current team, who he says won’t protect him properly
    • John Fury stated he never took money from Tyson and credits himself with building his son’s boxing career

    Sources: AllOutFighting | Bloody Elbow | Daily Mirror | Playbook Boxing

    John Fury has confirmed that he and his son Tyson Fury are no longer on speaking terms, revealing a complete breakdown in their relationship. The former bare-knuckle fighter made the shocking disclosure in an interview with Playbook Boxing, blaming the sport of boxing for tearing their bond apart.

    “My relationship with Tyson is destroyed,” John Fury said. “Boxing destroyed it completely.”

    The rift stems from Tyson’s decision to exclude his father from his corner team before his second loss to Oleksandr Usyk. John Fury had been a constant presence in the ‘Gypsy King’s’ corner throughout most of his career until that point.

    John Fury insisted he never profited financially from his son’s success. “I’ll say it on camera: I’ve never taken £10 off him in my life and I never will,” he stated.

    He went on to claim credit for building Tyson’s career from the beginning. “Don’t forget who built his story when he was a kid. He didn’t build it himself, did he? Me, his father.”

    🚨😳 John Fury says that his relationship with his son Tyson Fury is “DESTROYED” and says he doesn’t need him anymore:

    ▫️ “My relationship with Tyson is destroyed… boxing destroyed it completely.” – John Fury says they’re completely estranged

    ▫️ Claims he’s never taken a… pic.twitter.com/7t1HbAQz6q

    — ACD MMA (@acdmma_) March 19, 2026

    Father Questions Tyson’s Physical Condition

    John Fury expressed serious concerns about his son’s physical state ahead of Tyson’s upcoming fight against Russian heavyweight Arslanbek Makhmudov. He believes the 38-year-old boxer is past his prime.

    “I think he’s past his best,” John said. “There are too many people patting him on the back and telling him things that aren’t true, building him up like he’s invincible.”

    He claimed the trilogy of fights with Deontay Wilder took a permanent toll on Tyson. “Tyson has been gone since the Deontay Wilder fights, they finished him. Wilder completely done him. He’s not got a leg underneath him.”


    Betpanda

    John warned that Makhmudov poses a real threat to his son. “I can tell you now, his legs aren’t there anymore,” he said.

    Tyson Fury has expressed interest in a third fight with Oleksandr Usyk, despite losing twice to the Ukrainian in Saudi Arabia. The former heavyweight champion maintains he won both fights, though the judges’ scorecards ruled against him.

    Warning About Tyson’s Current Team

    John Fury issued a dire warning about the dangers his son faces with his current corner team. He believes they won’t protect Tyson properly if he gets into trouble in the ring.

    “If he gets into trouble with them in his corner, he could end up dead or with brain damage for life,” John stated. “Because when your legs are gone, you need someone to save you. They won’t do that. They won’t throw the towel in. They won’t pull him out.”

    He criticized Tyson’s team for having inflated egos. “Their egos are bigger than Tyson, bigger than the fight itself. And that’s how people get seriously hurt in this game.”

    John specifically warned against a third Usyk fight. “Tyson’s getting weaker and Usyk’s getting stronger,” he said.

    He contrasted his approach with the current team’s methods. “All I ever said to him was this: if I’d been in his corner and he got into trouble, he wouldn’t die.”

    John Fury emphasized the dangerous nature of boxing at the highest level. “You’ve seen it before – one shot, bang, and it’s over. It can happen just like that. It’s a dangerous sport.”

    The revelation comes as Tyson Fury prepares for his comeback fight against Makhmudov, having emerged from another retirement. John Fury has rarely been far from his son’s side throughout his boxing career, making the confirmed family split all the more striking.

    BetOnline

    Get $250 in Free Bets from BetOnline

    Share. Facebook Twitter Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp
    Avatar photo
    Sebastian Bergman
    • Website

    Sebastian is a seasoned sports journalist with a focus on MMA, boxing, and grappling. Having trained in BJJ & boxing, he brings a unique perspective that blends the insight of a journalist, the passion of a spectator, and the experience of a practitioner. His deep understanding of combat sports allows him to deliver informed, engaging coverage from every angle of the fight game.

    Related Posts

    Former UFC Champion Henry Cejudo Scheduled for Misfits Boxing Event

    August 19, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read

    Benn vs Garcia: Can the British Fighter Pull Off a Career-Defining Upset?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 4 Mins Read

    Can Anthony Joshua Survive Tyson Fury After Two Knockdowns Against Unknown Fighter?

    August 4, 2026 Boxing News 3 Mins Read
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • YouTube

    Betpanda

    Anthony Hernandez Faces Gregory Rodrigues in UFC Sacramento Main Event

    UFC Odds August 22, 2026

    Anthony Hernandez faces Gregory Rodrigues Saturday in UFC Sacramento’s main event, looking to bounce back from his first loss in five years.

    UFC Sacramento: Spivac vs Petrino Heavyweight Co-Main Event Odds and Preview

    August 22, 2026

    Reinier de Ridder vs Roman Dolidze Set for UFC Sacramento Light Heavyweight Bout

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Judice Opens as Heavy Favorite Over Unbeaten Chaves

    August 22, 2026

    UFC Sacramento: Gaziev and Nzechukwu Both Seek First Win in Months

    August 22, 2026

    MyBookie


    Gambling Disclaimer:
    This site provides information only. We may receive affiliate commissions. Gambling is for adults (18+). Availability depends on your location. Please gamble responsibly. Read our Gambling content policy here.
    Home of the best MMA, Boxing & Combat Sport news,  predictions, picks, tips and more. We bring you the latest betting odds, news, and results for every UFC fight.
    TheBodyLock™ Copyright © 2017 - 2026 Kooc Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
    Registered Company No.05695741
    • About The Body Lock
    • Terms of Use
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Ethics Statement
    • Contact

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.