TLDR
- UFC White House event confirmed for June 14 celebrating America’s 250th anniversary and Trump’s 80th birthday
- Ilia Topuria will defend his lightweight title against Justin Gaethje in the main event
- Islam Makhachev expected to defend welterweight title against Ian Garry at separate event
- Dana White confirmed the White House card is finalized with matchmaking complete
- Ian Garry recently arrived in Georgia to train wrestling in preparation for potential Makhachev fight
Sources: ClutchPoints | SportBible | Sports Illustrated | Give Me Sport
The UFC has finalized plans for a historic White House event on June 14, with Ilia Topuria defending his lightweight championship against Justin Gaethje in the main event. UFC President Dana White confirmed last week that the card is complete and ready to go.
The event will celebrate America’s 250th founding anniversary and President Donald Trump’s 80th birthday. It marks the first time the UFC will hold a fight card at the White House, representing a major moment for mixed martial arts in mainstream culture.
Topuria will put his undisputed lightweight title on the line against Gaethje, who won the interim lightweight championship by defeating Paddy Pimblett at UFC 324 in January. The bout will unify the lightweight division.
Makhachev’s Welterweight Defense Plans
While Topuria headlines the White House show, Islam Makhachev is preparing for a separate title defense at an event yet to be determined. Ali Abdelaziz, Makhachev’s manager, revealed his client will defend against a “natural welterweight.”
Ian Machado Garry has emerged as the frontrunner for this challenge. The Irish fighter currently ranks #2 in the welterweight division after recent victories over Carlos Prates and former champion Belal Muhammad.
Garry arrived in Georgia this week to train his wrestling skills. He previously stated he would travel to the country specifically to prepare for a potential fight with Makhachev.
Makhachev currently holds the UFC welterweight title after vacating the lightweight belt and defeating Jack Della Maddalena at UFC 322. This would be his first defense of the 170-pound championship.
Additional Fights Under Consideration
Amanda Nunes has expressed interest in fighting on the White House card. The Brazilian legend wants her championship bout against Kayla Harrison rescheduled for the June 14 event.
Harrison was forced to withdraw from their planned UFC 324 co-main event due to a neck injury. Nunes told UFC Brasil she believes Harrison will have six months to recover in time for the White House show.
“I think she has six months to recover and give some feedback to the UFC,” Nunes said. “Everything depends on her now for us to make this fight happen, maybe at the White House. I think that would be perfect.”
Several other UFC stars have expressed interest in competing at the White House. Conor McGregor, Jon Jones, and Alex Pereira are among those hoping to secure spots on the card.
American fighters including Colby Covington, Michael Chandler, and Bo Nickal also want to fight at the event. BMF champion Max Holloway is considered a strong candidate given his status as one of the promotion’s American titleholders.
White said the UFC has “two different options laid out” with the matchmaking process already complete. He made the announcement following Zuffa Boxing 3 on Sunday.
The welterweight division has several potential challengers available if Garry doesn’t get the Makhachev fight. Carlos Prates recently stopped Geoff Neal and former champion Leon Edwards in consecutive fights.
Michael Morales also presents a strong case after his first-round stoppage of Sean Brady at UFC 322. Shavkat Rakhmonov was previously considered the top contender but was removed from rankings after announcing he needs knee surgery.





>