This morning live from the famed Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan, Shooto returned with a loaded Shooto 30th Anniversary Tour 6th Round fight card.
For those unfamiliar with Shooto, they often shorten their event names based on the month/day said show takes place on. This to make referring to the card less convoluted. This morning’s show would be shortened to Shooto 0715, for example.
The night saw veterans and prospects alike, as numerous champions and former champions returned to the Shooto cage. Shooto bantamweight champion Shoko Sato (33-16-3, 1NC) picked up a clean finish in non-title action, as did former Pacific Rim title-holder Ryogo Takahashi (13-3) courtesy of some nasty leg kicks to move his win-streak to eight. Both Sato and Takahashi are signed to ONE Championship, but have returned home to Shooto for this morning’s card thanks to the partnership between ONE and Shooto.
Also on the card, RIZIN vet and former DEEP JEWELS champ Mina Kurobe (13-5) returned to snap a two-fight losing streak at 42-years-old. Shooto legend, and another veteran of RIZIN, Takeshi Inoue (24-13) was also in action. Rounding out the card, 2013 All-Japan Greco-Roman champion Kazuma Kuramoto (6-0) entered the top ten with a brutal first-round knockout. Ranked #2 at flyweight, Shooto prospect Takumi Tamaru (9-1-1) moved up in weight to test himself at bantamweight against a tough foe, as well.
Check out the full Shooto 30th Anniversary Tour 6th Round results below.
- Duane van Helvoirt def. Takeshi Inoue via Unanimous Decision (29-27×3)
- Shoko Sato def. Chang Hwan Hwang via TKO (Punches) at 4:23 of Round 1
- Ryogo Takahashi def. Takanori Takahashi via TKO (Leg Kicks) at 2:13 of Round 2
- Mina Kurobe def. Ye Ji Lee via Submission (RNC) at 4:48 of Round 2
- Kazuma Kuramoto def. Tomoya Hirakawa via KO (Right Hook) at 0:35 of Round 1
- Takumi Tamuru def. Takahiro Ichijo via Submission (Armbar) at 3:49 of Round 1
- Takashi Nakayama def. Satoshi Inaba via Unanimous Decision (29-28×3)
- Taison Naito def. Jin Aoi via TKO (Punches) at 3:21 of Round 2
- Kota Onojima def. Kenji Kato via Unanimous Decision (30-27×2, 29-28)
- Hiroki Aoki def. Akihiro Izumi via Submission (Armbar) at 4:25 of Round 1
- Hayato Ishii def. Guts Takato via Unanimous Decision (20-18×2, 20-17)
Thanks to @VonPreux on Twitter for clipping lots of the action, for those of you who may have missed the show!