We’re looking for skilled writers who can compose unique and insightful content regarding organizations and athletes in the world of mixed martial arts.
In particular, we are currently looking for writers who are capable of creating the following types of content:
Rates and Bonuses
We offer a flat payment for all completed interviews with UFC and Bellator athletes, as well as a bonus structure that can boost payment to $25 per interview article.
Non-interview articles operate solely on a bonus structure.
You will be joining the team as a freelance writer, meaning that you’re able to contribute to other sites and mediums as well as ours.
Interested in writing about mixed martial arts for The Body Lock? Here’s what you need to know about writing with us.
An ideal contributor for The Body Lock
- is a passionate follower of the UFC, Bellator, and other mixed martial arts promotions
- embraces feedback and has a desire to learn and improve
- can be fair, unbiased, and not “force” ideas and views on readers
- is a team player who values collaboration and knowledge sharing
- jumps at opportunities and has a “let’s do it” mentality
- takes pride in the way they source information and data
- You are a skilled written communicator (we’ll accept no less!).
- You keep up-to-date with the ever-changing world of mixed martial arts.
- You can adhere to The Body Lock’s brand voice and guidelines.
- You can join and participate in team discussion in Slack.
Why write about MMA The Body Lock?
Kickstart your sports journalism career
- Want to become an MMA Journalist? Our team of senior writers is committed to helping you advance your career.
Interview UFC and Bellator Athletes
- We’re currently overloaded with interview requests, and we need help speaking to athletes and composing interesting stories.
Ongoing Training and Development
- We offer regular training and development sessions to help writers with writing, social media, SEO, and almost anything else that is required to make a career from writing about MMA.
Share Your Writing With The World
- We feature in Google News and attract tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly.
- We currently have a passionate and highly-engaged community of 14,000 followers on Instagram, 2,800 followers on Twitter, and 3,400 likes on Facebook.
- We don’t enforce quotas or strict requirements about when and how often you must compose content.
Develop Your Personal Brand
- All writers have a profile on our website with links to social media accounts.