Welcome back to the Fight Business Podcast, Patrick Auger’s weekly show dedicated to the business-side of mixed martial arts. Subscribe for a new Fight Business Podcast episode every Thursday at midday (ET).
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:18 – How fight cancelations could impact UFC 260 PPV buyrate
- 14:18 – PFL 2021 season could be delayed due to lawsuits
- 27:03 – Miesha Tate returns to UFC despite role as ONE Championship VP
- 36:36 – Judge Boulware calls for status conference hearing to review documents to be unsealed on April 6
Today’s first topic is UFC 260 and how the fight cancelations could impact the UFC 260 PPV buyrate. UFC 260 lost the Alexander Volkanovski vs. Brian Ortega title fight last week as well as other bouts including Luana Pinheiro vs. Randa Markos and Jessica Penne vs. Hannah Goldy. How will these fight cancelations impact potential UFC 260 PPV buys? Auger breaks it all down and provides his UFC 260 PPV buys estimate.
Secondly, Auger then discusses the recent news that the PFL 2021 season may be put on hold due to various lawsuits against the promotion. Mike Russell first reported the news on Twitter. Auger breaks down what this means for PFL and even touches on whether this could be the end for the promotion.
Next, Auger discusses Miesha Tate’s return to the UFC and what this means for the UFC and ONE Championship considering her role as ONE Championship VP. The Body Lock’s Drake Riggs has confirmed that Tate was still with ONE Championship as of yesterday. So, how does this all play out from here?
Lastly, we have an announcement regarding the UFC Antitrust Lawsuit. Auger keeps you updated on what’s unfolding there.
Thanks for watching The Fight Business Podcast!
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.