Welcome back to the Fight Business Podcast, Patrick Auger’s show dedicated to the business-side of mixed martial arts.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
In this episode, Auger discusses the recently uncovered ONE Championship 2019 financial report that details major losses and growing concerns for the Singapore-based promotion.
Auger then touches on Dustin Poirier’s fast-increasing social media follower numbers following his knockout win against Conor McGregor and the impacts of the “superstar rub” in the UFC.
Lastly, Auger touches on President Joe Biden’s request for Trump-appointed members of the Federal Service Impasses Panel to resign and what this means for pro-union movements in the US.
- Intro (0:00)
- ONE Championship’s 2019 financial report shows growing losses (1:06)
- ONE Championship’s recent shows part of a pilot project with the Singaporean government (25:08)
- Dustin Poirier gained 700k Instagram followers after McGregor KO (29:15)
- President Joe Biden signals pro-union motives by firing members of Federal Service Impasses Panel (36:45)
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.