Two titles are up for grabs this Saturday during the stacked UFC 280 fight card.
Order UFC 281
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira is tonight! Watch every UFC 281 fight here.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili
- Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
The UFC has returned to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, this week, after promising a ‘blockbuster’ fight card for the local fans. The promotion has fulfilled its promise with what can be regarded as one of the best-looking UFC events of 2022 so far.
In the main event, Charles Oliveira will face Islam Makhachev in a five-round UFC Lightweight Championship fight. It’s an unprecedented title fight matchup between two fighters with outstanding win streaks. Oliveira has won 11 consecutive fights, including recent victories against Justin Gaethje, Dustin Poirier, Michael Chandler, and Tony Ferguson. Makhachev has won all of his last ten fights in the UFC, earning him the right to challenge for the lightweight title.
The UFC Bantamweight Championship will be defended by Aljamain Sterling just moments before the main event. Sterling will return to the cage as the undisputed champion following his split decision win against Petr Yan. He’ll face former two-time champion TJ Dillashaw in the co-main event.
The UFC 280 fight card also features many other exciting matchups, including Petr Yan vs. Sean O’Malley, Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot, and more.
Where is UFC 280?
- Location: Yas Island, Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
- Arena: Etihad Arena
- Capacity: 18,000
The UFC has made it a mission to host monumental events in Abu Dhabi, especially following the promotion’s reliance on the region during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2020 and 2021, the UFC hosted a total of 13 events on “Fight Island,” a location where fighters from around the world would be able to compete free of the travel restrictions that had been imposed in some countries.
The promotion is here with different intentions now, however, and plans to continue hosting spectacular events for local fight fans in Abu Dhabi — despite the considerable time difference back home in the United States.
When is UFC 280?
- Date: Saturday, October 22
- Time: PPV Main Card starts at 2 pm ET (11 am PT), Prelims start at 10 am ET (7 am PT)
- Watch: Only on
ESPN+ PPV (order here)
Order UFC 280 on the ESPN+ website to watch every main card fight live, including Oliveira vs. Makhachev, Sterling vs. Dillashaw, Yan vs. O’Malley, and more. After ordering, fans can stream every UFC 280 fight to a preferred device, including TVs, mobiles, computers, laptops, tablets, and more.
UFC 280 fight card
Saturday, October 22 – Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi
Main Card – 2:00 pm ET / 11:00 am PT only on
- Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev
- Aljamain Sterling vs. TJ Dillashaw
- Petr Yan vs. Sean O’Malley
- Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot
Prelims – 10:00 am ET / 7:00 am PT on ESPN+
- Belal Muhammad vs. Sean Brady
- Makhmud Muradov vs. Caio Borralho
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Nikita Krylov
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lucas Almeida
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Armen Petrosyan vs. AJ Dobson
- Muhammad Mokaev vs. Malcolm Gordon
- Karol Rosa vs. Lina Lansberg
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.