Nate Diaz makes his return this Saturday, Sept. 10, in what is the final fight on his UFC contract.
The mixed martial arts veteran has racked up 20 total wins from 33 fights and has been fighting in the UFC since his appearance on The Ultimate Fighter Season 5 all the way back in 2007. Diaz has shared the Octagon with many elite fighters over the years but he never faced Tony Ferguson. Now, they’ll meet in the UFC 279 main event.
Diaz will go head-to-head with Ferguson in a five-round welterweight bout at UFC 279 on Saturday night. Like all UFC PPV events, the fight card is exclusive to ESPN+ PPV, meaning that fans must order the PPV to watch the fight live or the replay following the event.
Many fans and fellow fighters have criticized the booking, suggesting that Diaz is being thrown to the wolves in his last fight. Anthony Smith described it as a “pretty tough way to go out the door,” but Diaz wouldn’t have it any other way. The 37-year-old has always called for the most challenging of fights, and he’s no stranger to entering an event as the betting underdog. This time, his odds are higher than ever before, but it certainly hasn’t stopped fans and fighters from predicting another classic Diaz upset.
Nate Diaz’s next fight
Here’s everything you need to know about Nate Diaz’s next UFC fight before what is potentially the last time he enters the cage.
- Opponent: vs. Tony Ferguson
- Fight date: Saturday, Sept. 10
- Start time: 11:50 pm ET / 8:50 pm PT
- Where: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
- Watch: Only on ESPN+ PPV
Updated UFC 279 fight card
Saturday, Sept. 10 – T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas
Main Card – 10:00 pm ET / 7:00 pm PT only on
- Nate Diaz vs. Tony Ferguson
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Kevin Holland
- Li Jingliang vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Irene Aldana vs. Macy Chiasson
- Johnny Walker vs. Ion Cutelaba
Prelims – 8:00 pm ET / 5:00 pm PT on ESPN+
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Julian Erosa
- Jailton Almeida vs. Anton Turkalj
- Denis Tiuliulin vs. Jamie Pickett
- Jake Collier vs. Chris Barnett
Early Prelims– 6:30 pm ET / 3:30 pm PT on ESPN+
- Norma Dumont vs. Danyelle Wolf
- Chad Anheliger vs. Alateng Heili
- Melissa Martinez vs. Elise Reed
- Darian Weeks vs. Yohan Lainesse
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.