It’s UFC 262 fight week and that means we’re now just days away from crowning a new UFC lightweight champion.
This Saturday, May 15, Charles Oliveira will face Michael Chandler in a five-round main event to determine who becomes the next 155-pound champion after Khabib Nurmagomedov retired from the sport last year.
In one corner, we have Chandler, who was nothing short of stunning in his UFC debut in January. Chandler knocked out thought lightweight contender Dan Hooker in the first round, making a statement and declaring his intentions to capture the lightweight title in the future. But that one win in the promotion turned out to be enough to earn him a title fight with the UFC decided that the title fight would best fit two fighters who had not lost to Nurmagomedov.
Whereas it took Chandler just one win to earn his title shot, Oliveira needed eight victories in a row to earn this opportunity at UFC 262. Now on an impressive win streak having set the UFC record for most submissions in the process, Oliveira has emerged as an incredible threat to the established lightweight contenders and he might have been an interesting matchup for Nurmagomedov if he was still around, too.
Charles Oliveira vs. Michael Chandler is just one of many fantastic fights taking place this Saturday, May 15, at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, United States.
The only way to watch Oliveira vs. Chandler and the full UFC 262 fight card is by ordering the fights on
UFC 262 Fight Card
The UFC 262 fight card, start time, and bout order is subject to change. Stay here on The Body Lock for continued fight card updates and the latest UFC 262 news.
Main Card – 10:00 pm (ET) on ESPN+ PPV
- Charles Oliveira (-125) vs. Michael Chandler (-105)
- Tony Ferguson (+135) vs. Beneil Dariush (-165)
- Katlyn Chookagian (-140) vs. Viviane Araujo (+110)
- Shane Burgos (-130) vs. Edson Barboza (+100)
Prelims – 8:00 pm (ET) on ESPN+
- Ronaldo Souza (-115) vs. Andre Muniz (-115)
- Matt Schnell (-160) vs. Rogerio Bontorin (+130)
- Andrea Lee (+100) vs. Antonina Shevchenko (-130)
- Lando Vannata (-110) vs. Mike Grundy (-120)
Early Prelims – 6:30 pm (ET) on ESPN+
- Jordan Wright (-110) vs. Jamie Pickett (-110)
- Gina Mazany (-200) vs. Priscila Cachoeira (+160)
- Kevin Aguilar (-110) vs. Tucker Lutz (-120)