The UFC’s third pay-per-view event of the year is the most stacked fight card of the year so far. UFC 259 takes place on Saturday, March 6, at the UFC Apex facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, and will feature three outstanding title fights.
Order UFC 270 on ESPN+
Watch Ngannou vs. Gane fight live this Saturday night on ESPN+
In the UFC 259 main event, middleweight champion Israel Adesanya will make his move up to the light heavyweight division to face current titleholder Jan Blachowicz. If victorious, Adesanya will become the fifth fighter in UFC history to become a champion in two divisions. He would also become the fourth fighter in the history of the promotion to hold two different titles simultaneously, joining Conor McGregor, Daniel Cormier, Amanda Nunes, and Henry Cejudo. Read our Blachowicz vs. Adesanya predictions.
In the co-main event, two-division champion Amanda Nunes will defend the UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship against Megan Anderson. Nunes is regarded as the greatest female mixed martial artist in the history of the sport and the betting odds for this fight reflect the significant challenge that is ahead of Anderson. Can Anderson manage the upset? The Body Lock’s Drake Riggs believes so and is predicting that Anderson will win via first-round knockout — and if that doesn’t happen he has promised to get a tattoo of a goat. Seriously.
Before then, Petr Yan and Aljamain Sterling are set to clash in what should be a brilliant UFC Bantamweight Championship bout. Yan, the champion, will be attempting to defend the title against longtime bantamweight contender, Sterling, in what is currently viewed as the most competitive of the three title fights.
Here’s how to watch the UFC 259 PPV event:
- Purchase an active ESPN+ subscription (or an active Disney Bundle subscription)
- Purchased the UFC 259 pay-per-view event
- A supported device to watch the fights live or post-event replay (e.g. TV, mobile device, computer)
UFC 259 fight card and bout order
Saturday, March 6 – UFC APEX, Las Vegas, Nevada
Main Card – 10:00 pm (ET) on ESPN+ PPV
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Israel Adesanya 🏆
- Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson
- Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Islam Makhachev vs. Drew Dober
- Thiago Santos vs. Aleksandar Rakic
Prelims – 8 pm (ET) on ESPN+
- Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
- Song Yadong vs. Kyler Phillips
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Askar Askarov
- Rogerio Bontorin vs. Kai Kara-France
Early Prelims – 5:15 pm (ET) on ESPN+
- Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
- Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg
- Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
- Livia Renata Souza vs. Amanda Lemos
- Uros Medic vs. Aalon Cruz
- Mario Bautista vs. Trevin Jones
Make sure to join us during our live UFC 259 fight companion where we’ll be providing live commentary and analysis during the UFC 259 main card.
Jake Nichols is The Body Lock's Editor in Chief. Previously, he was the MMA Editor at RealSport.