Opening betting odds for Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal show that Usman is a large betting favorite against the challenger who steps in on just six days’ notice at UFC 251.
Masvidal received the call-up to face Usman for the UFC Welterweight Championship over the weekend after the initially slated main event fell through after Gilbert Burns tested positive for COVID-19.
The UFC officially announced Usman vs. Masvidal as the main event of UFC 251 earlier today.
Usman, who is undefeated since May 2013 and has not lost in any of his 11 fights with the UFC, starts fight week as a -270 betting favorite against the challenger. Masvidal is currently listed at +210 at most bookmakers.
Since winning the title against Tyron Woodley in March 2019, Usman also defeated highly-regarded challenger Colby Covington by fifth-round TKO in December. In his last four fights, Usman has secured wins against Demian Maia, Rafael dos Anjos, and the aforementioned Woodley and Covington.
Masvidal steps in after a fascinating 2019 campaign that saw him secure impressive victories against Darren Till, Ben Askren, and Nate Diaz. His five-second knockout win against Askren will be remembered as one of the greatest knockouts in UFC history. Masvidal’s stoppage win against Diaz also earned him the UFC’s ‘BMF Title’ that was solely created for that fight at UFC 244.
See below for more UFC 251 betting odds and the full fight card:
UFC 251 Odds
Saturday, July 11 – UFC Fight Island, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Main Card – 10:00 pm (ET) on ESPN+ PPV
- Kamaru Usman (-270) vs. Jorge Masvidal (+210) 🏆
- Alexander Volkanovski (-235) vs. Max Holloway (+195) 🏆
- Petr Yan (-245) vs. Jose Aldo (+205) 🏆
- Jessica Andrade (+175) vs. Rose Namajunas (-210)
- Amanda Ribas (-850) vs. Paige VanZant (+575)
Prelims – 8:00 pm (ET) on ESPN+ PPV
- Volkan Oezdemir (-165) vs. Jiri Prochazka (+145)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (+100) vs. Muslim Salikhov (-120)
- Makwan Amirkhani (-210) vs. Danny Henry (+175)
- Leonardo Santos (-175) vs. Roman Bogatov
Early Prelims – 6:30 pm (ET) on ESPN+ PPV
- Raulian Paiva (-175) vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov (+155)
- Karol Rosa (-235) vs. Vanessa Melo (+195)
- Martin Day (-185) vs. Davey Grant (+160)
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.