The UFC returns to pay-per-view this Saturday, July 27, when UFC 240 hits Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with a relatively top-heavy fight card airing on ESPN+.
The main event of the evening is a UFC Featherweight Championship bout that will see Max Holloway return to the division to defend his title against Frankie Edgar.
Holloway recently jumped up to the lightweight division to compete with Dustin Poirier for the UFC Interim Lightweight Championship and an opportunity to fight current titleholder Khabib Nurmagomedov. At the end of five rounds, Holloway came up short in his attempt to claim the title, losing by unanimous decision. The defeat ended Holloway’s 13-fight winning streak but he still retains the featherweight title that he will defend this Saturday.
Edgar enters this title fight after securing a win against Cub Swanson in April last year. That win was a much-needed one for Edgar after he had been knocked out by Brian Ortega in the first round at UFC 222 the month before. Edgar was originally scheduled to face Holloway and not Ortega, but a leg injury forced the champion to withdraw.
In the co-main event of UFC 240, Cris Cyborg looks to return to winning ways when she faces Felicia Spencer in a featherweight fight.
UFC 240 Fight Card
Main Card – Watch on ESPN+ (10 pm ET)
- Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar
- Cris Cyborg vs. Felicia Spencer
- Geoff Neal vs. Niko Price
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Marc-André Barriault vs. Krzysztof Jotko
Preliminary Card – ESPN (8 pm ET)
- Alexis Davis vs. Viviane Araujo
- Hakeem Dawodu vs. Yoshinori Horie
- Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
Early Preliminary Card – Watch on ESPN+ (6:30 pm ET)
- Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
- Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
- Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos