Joe Smith Jr will defend his title for the first time on Saturday night when he faces Steve Geffrard in Verona, New York.
Smith, the WBO light heavyweight champion, was initially scheduled to face Callum Johnson this weekend but a positive COVID-19 test ruled Johnson out of his title challenge.
“I give Steve credit for taking this fight on short notice,” Smith stated in a press release. “He is a tough guy, and I expect him to bring everything he has for this opportunity. I’m ready to fight regardless of who is in the ring with me. My goal is the same, which is to defend my world title and keep it on Long Island where it belongs.”
Geffrard said, “This is the opportunity of a lifetime. It’s crazy how boxing works. One moment I’m thinking about boxing on a local show, then the phone rings for a chance to fight for the WBO world title on
The main event will air live on
How to watch Smith vs. Geffrard
- Date: Saturday, January 15
- Main Card: 10 pm ET / 3 am GMT
Joe Smith Jr. vs. Steve Geffrard will be available to watch on
Fight fans in the United Kingdom can watch the fight live on Sky Sports.
Smith vs. Geffrard
- Joe Smith Jr vs. Steve Geffrard
- Abraham Nova vs. William Encarnacion
- Jahi Tucker vs. Akeem Black
- Omar Rosario vs. Raekwon Butler
- Troy Isley vs. Harry Cruz
- Lyubomyr Pinchuk vs. Jose Mario Flores
- Bruce Carrington vs. Rafael Arauz
- Kasir Goldston vs. Nelson Morales
Formerly the lead MMA Editor at RealSport.